Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 12:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Glenn had nine spurs and tommy had 6 spurs and both were riding separate horses across the farmland, how many spurs did Anthony kick the horse with?

None. They all freaked out at the sight of a dead gopher under some guy holding a stick.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 10:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought Bob Johnson was our first draft pick ever.

But that does answer my own question since he was a second or third overall pick...
Ron Yary was the first pick in the 1968 draft by the Minnesota Vikings,not the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok. I’m sold. I spoken in front of a full room before and even cried once (of course it was a speech about my mother). But can relate.

I remember being absolutely terrified about public speaking until I had to do it. Once I did it I remember thinking,  Well that's a hell of a lot easier than I imagined it would be . At the end of the day it's just speaking, something most people do every day anyway  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:15 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Solid draft for the Bengals. Got extremely fast on defense and got physical on the O-line. Think the Bengals are all out on forcing Turnovers in 2018.

I’m not as familiar with our new linebacker, but it looks like we were looking for playmakers instead of our usual “he’s consistent every down” guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:24 AM)Benton Wrote: I’m not as familiar with our new linebacker, but it looks like we were looking for playmakers instead of our usual “he’s consistent every down” guy.

Check out these 3 vids I found on Bates. Seems a little raw.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Jesse-Bates-III-welcome-to-the-team?pid=546049#pid546049
Reply/Quote
Coming back from Twitter amused at all the people who thought we should have taken Lamar Jackson in the first round. They're all disappointed we got a Center instead. They obviously are only casual fans. No clue.
Reply/Quote
BPA (according to NFL.Com) RD 4:

Mo Hurst
Tim Settle
Deon Cain
Ian Thomas
Kyzir White
Will Richardson

bfine's wishlist:

Will Richardson
Tyrell Crosby
Equan St. Brown
Tony Adams
Mike White
Parry Nickerson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: BPA (according to NFL.Com) RD 4:

Mo Hurst
Tim Settle
Deon Cain
Ian Thomas
Kyzir White
Will Richardson

bfine's wishlist:

Will Richardson
Tyrell Crosby
Equan St. Brown
Tony Adams
Mike White
Parry Nickerson

Crosby would be a huge steal at this point! Tops my wish list, proto right tackle. Will need to develop better feet during pass protection, but what he may lack in that department, he certainly makes up for in the Mixon game.
Reply/Quote
Some good prospects left at DT and the Bengals seem to do well with 4th RD DTs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Any chance they take Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta if they’re still there?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:26 PM)Trademark Wrote: We had a chance for James or Evans and go with garbage Price -_-
Why  garbageHe was the #1 rated center before his combine injury?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any chance they take Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta if they’re still there?

What was the story with Falk?  I don't watch a lot of West Coast college games, unless they are on a primetime matchup.  I seem to remember him being a big name back in 2016.  Did he have a serious drop off, injury?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any chance they take Luke Falk or Kyle Lauletta if they’re still there?

Laulette is pretty good choice if we do, but think we still fill the bigger need at first. One more OL pick then maybe in 5th or 6th rd. Maybe 7 depending how it pans out.

Reply/Quote
Do we keep all 11 (7 remaining) picks or do we package a 5th and some 7's to move up today?

What position do we need to target in round 5?

Call me crazy, but if the kicker from Auburn who is supposed to be best kicker to come out in decades is available, do we grab him?

I think we still need to target a T/G (ability to play both) project and also a WR in rounds 4 and 5.

Thoughts?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think we still need to target a T/G (ability to play both) project and also a WR in rounds 4 and 5.

Thoughts?

Totally agree with T/G. Not so much on WR. I don’t think we are weak at WR spot and Ross could still be considered since we really didn’t get anything from him last year. I know many don’t agree but just my gut talking.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do we keep all 11 (7 remaining) picks or do we package a 5th and some 7's to move up today?

What position do we need to target in round 5?

Call me crazy, but if the kicker from Auburn who is supposed to be best kicker to come out in decades is available, do we grab him?

I think we still need to target a T/G (ability to play both) project and also a WR in rounds 4 and 5.

Thoughts?

Crosby! Crosby! Crosby!  i don't normally get like this with a player in the draft, but even the possibility of a day one starter at a position of need in the fourth could make this one of the best drafts, albeit pretty unsexy.  I don't care if you slot him as a RG or RT, it is highway robbery at this point!!! 
Reply/Quote
A strong right tackle might be a good selection in Round Four or Five. Who’s the best right tackle still on the board?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:32 AM)thegimp Wrote: Crosby! Crosby! Crosby!  i don't normally get like this with a player in the draft, but even the possibility of a day one starter at a position of need in the fourth could make this one of the best drafts, albeit pretty unsexy.  I don't care if you slot him as a RG or RT, it is highway robbery at this point!!! 

Should we move up to grab him or think he falls to us at 12th pick in 4th? 

What is Crosby ranked on different sites?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should we move up to grab him or think he falls to us at 12th pick in 4th?

I think we move up. Would be a great pick if we made it happen.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should we move up to grab him or think he falls to us at 12th pick in 4th?

I think he would be worth a trade with all of the picks we have left, but I certainly don't understand all of the inner workings of that process.  It seems so often when it make a ton of sense to make a trade teams fail to do so, and when it makes no sense at all...that is when it happens.  That being said I doubt he lasts 12 picks, unless there is information on him that isn't available to the public at this point. 
Reply/Quote