Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus
Oh, for god’s sake . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/citing-irrational-fears-of-killer-pandemic-republicans-fight-face-masks-in-congress-204027452.html
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pence-trump-rallies-coronavirus-masks-hypocrisy-234521311.html
(06-25-2020, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, I do know she's real because I've had to listen to people on facebook try to argue that she's a viable candidate. Shiiiit, when I was registered as a Libertarian, I knew Gary Johnson wasn't viable and he was a former governor running with another former governor. 

I still think Johnson was one of the best options we've had in a decade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-27-2020, 01:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, for god’s sake . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/citing-irrational-fears-of-killer-pandemic-republicans-fight-face-masks-in-congress-204027452.html

BuT bOth ParTieS aRE PreTtY mUcH tHe SamE.

Too lazy to make a SpongeBob meme.

What a stupid hill to die on.
(06-27-2020, 03:20 AM)Benton Wrote: I still think Johnson was one of the best options we've had in a decade.

Which is really depressing what that says about our other options, too. Not that Johnson was particularly bad, but I will admit that Bill Weld being his VP made it way easier to vote for him. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-23-2020, 03:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/23/trump-joking-slowing-coronavirus-testing-335459

Trump doubled down on his suggestion that he wants to slow down testing to lower Covid #'s.

At his rally he said: “When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people. You’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’”

His trade advisor then called it "tongue in cheek" while the press secretary then said “It was a comment that he made in jest. Any suggestion that testing has been curtailed is not rooted in fact.”

Trump made it clear that he was serious:

“I don’t kid. Let me just tell you. Let me make it clear. We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world, and we have the most of them. By having more tests, we find more cases,”

We have been doing Covid 19 PCR testing since 6/2. The majority of the collection kits have come from Labcorp. It was pointed out to me today the collection swabs are made in China.

I shit you not.
(06-27-2020, 12:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We have been doing Covid 19 PCR testing since 6/2. The majority of the collection kits have come from Labcorp. It was pointed out to me today the collection swabs are made in China.

I shit you not.

KungSwab
(06-27-2020, 01:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, for god’s sake . . .

More resistance to the Devil's laws.

Floridians Are Like, REALLY Mad About Having To Wear Masks

One Florida woman said she ‘doesn’t wear masks’ for the same reason she ‘doesn’t wear underwear’

Ah, Florida. Where Satan-worshipping is behind liberal police-haters conspiring to deprive them of their God-given right to oxygen. Yes, that’s right, many people who live in Palm Beach, Florida, gathered together during a public council meeting to call a mask mandate a “devil’s law” and compared wearing one to Hitler’s persecution of Jews. Don’t believe it? Oh, bet your sweet, Satan-loving a*s there’s a video....

Another woman stepped up to express her displeasure with government officials trying to keep her safe and healthy by compromising our not-at-all compromised CO2 levels. “And they want to throw God’s wonderful breathing system out the door,” she said. “You’re all turning your backs on it. Can you prove that it’s good for people to breathe carbon dioxide over and over and over again? God made it so that we would breathe in fresh oxygen, to go to our body, to every cell in the body. It has to have that to make energy. When you wear a mask, the nose is cut off, the mouth is cut off.”
(06-27-2020, 09:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which is really depressing what that says about our other options, too. Not that Johnson was particularly bad, but I will admit that Bill Weld being his VP made it way easier to vote for him. 

Seriously.

The fact that Johnson and mayor Pete are probably the two most viable options we've had from any party in nearly a decade is mind boggling. Granted, who knows how some of the other candidates would have turned out. But as far as what they said they were going to do combined with actual track records, you've got those two out of dozens.
Remember when Trump said he was going to replace Obamacare with something so beautiful.  Better healthcare for everyone!  Cheaper too!  And it will be so easy...

Remember?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: EbnlFZBXgAca1CJ?format=jpg&name=large]
Now the President's spokesperson is saying is the Democrats fault if the ACA is repealed wo they need to come up with a new plan.  Mellow

Also, OTHER places weren't perfect!  Why is the US so focused on what the President of the United States did??!?!

Mellow

You cannot make this shit up:
https://news.yahoo.com/only-white-people-required-wear-210722219.html

Quote:A week after issuing an order that required only white people to wear masks, leaders in Lincoln County, Oregon, have reversed the policy because of “horrifically racist commentary,” according to the county’s website.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2020, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You cannot make this shit up:
https://news.yahoo.com/only-white-people-required-wear-210722219.html

Holy cow.

They add something they think will help and they get so many racist comments about it they have to rescind it.

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/statement-lincoln-county-leadership-62420

Quote:Statement from Lincoln County Leadership 6.24.20

Statement of Lincoln County Board of Commissioners and County Management Team
June 24, 2020

On June 17, 2020  a public health face covering Directive was issued by Lincoln County Health and Human Services with the support of the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners as an additional tool in the fight to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Lincoln County. 

The Directive broadly identified the use of f
ace coverings in public indoor settings and outdoor locations where social distancing could not be maintained.  It was created after examination of policies and guidance from health experts and jurisdictions across Oregon and the nation which have adopted similar recommendations or orders.
In this Directive there were several exceptions identified recognizing that not everyone could or should wear a face covering:

• Persons with health/medical conditions that preclude or are exacerbated by wearing a face covering.
  • Children under the age of 12. Children over the age of 2 but under the age of 12 are encouraged to wear face coverings but not required to do so.
  • Persons with disabilities that prevents them from using the face covering as described in this Directive.  These persons must be reasonably accommodated to allow them access to goods and services.
  • People of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.

We included the last protection for those within our communities of color who historically, and often personally, found themselves the victims of harassment and violence. After last month’s protests, the national attention given to issues of racism, police tactics and inequity, we felt this last exception would be embraced and understood as a small effort to start addressing the realities some of our neighbors deal with on a daily basis.
We are shocked and appalled at the volume of horrifically racist commentary we have received regarding this policy exception. The vitriol that county leadership, staff, and community partners, have been subjected to is unprecedented. All this only a month after George Floyd’s death.

The expressions of racism regarding the exception has created a ripple of fear throughout our communities of color. The very policy meant to protect them, is now making them a target for further discrimination and harassment.

Let us be very clear. The Directive and policy were meant to protect. Threats and racist statements turned it into a policy that now harms.

While shocking, it did not surprise us to receive racist calls from elsewhere in the country…because that is where we tell ourselves the world’s problems are right? Well that is not completely true. We were surprised by the number of derogatory calls and emails received from our very own coastal communities.   We would encourage you to think less about the possibility of your rights being violated and think instead of the heightened feelings of risk that people of color in your neighborhoods daily endure. 

The County also received several calls from leadership from our communities of color asking us to revise the policy – it was not providing them protection, but instead making them possible targets for more hate. To address those concerns, we are revising our Public Health Directive and face covering policies. It saddens us greatly that we need to do that. We will not continue a Directive and policies that were intended to assist but instead are a potential source of harm for those we are sworn to protect.

Lincoln County will continue to recognize and fight racism.  We will start with changes under our control.  We are working on a plan for those changes and details will be provided in the days and weeks ahead.  Change starts at home –with each one of us.

We are still in the middle of a pandemic.  We are all frustrated with the lack of certainty and control over our lives.  While we would like to be done with this virus, it is not done with us. Wear your face covering, be kind to each other. End racism now.

Racism is alive and well in America.
(06-29-2020, 09:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Holy cow.

They add something they think will help and they get so many racist comments about it they have to rescind it.

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/statement-lincoln-county-leadership-62420

Racism is alive and well in America.

lol "Reverse" racism.

Freedom for "them" but not "us". Wink

President Donald J Trump is STILL saying on national television that he believes the virus will "just disappear".

We are SIX months into this with no leadership from him and this is still his public response.

We have gone from him be an imbecile to being dangerous.
Another personal story:

Just found out last night that a man my mother grew up (He'd be in his mid to late 70's) with has the virus and his wife was told to make arrangements.  Story is his grandson was at the beach (they are from VA) and broke down.  The grandparents went to get him and the boy was a carrier and didn't know it.  A week later the grandfather had the virus and he's been in the hospital for awhile.

The good news is that this morning we found out he was not on a ventilator but on oxygen and struggling.  He's still using his phone so it's good to know he is fighting it.  

Side Note:  MY doctor friend had said a couple months ago that some were looking at using ventilators LESS because they may be doing more harm than good overall.  Don't know if that is still a thought or not.
Jump is now saying he HAS worn a mask...I am not sure, however, that he wore it correctly.   Smirk

(07-02-2020, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Jump is now saying he HAS worn a mask...I am not sure, however, that he wore it correctly.   Smirk

Biden has a significant jump on "looking like the Lone Ranger" if that's the case, though.  Trump would be better served by saying masks are totally dorky and he's totally less of a dork for wearing it less.  

Side note: "President puts on mask...declares that he resembles TV star" sounds like what a 5 year old thinks a news headline would be, yet here we are. Hmm...