Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
Zero sacks and only 1 tackle for a loss. Is that on the players or the coaching?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:44 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Burrow. What a talented kid. Surrounded by a horrible offensive line. Ass for coaches. Real shame. I'm sorry kid.

That, and a defense that seems to read into a decent game, that they've arrived, only to lay a big fat stinky dump the next week. 

I expected the vanilla, play it safe game plan and i wasn't really disappointed. Good teams, with good coaches go into the game looking to put pressure on a team ready to implode. This coaching staff...not so much. 

Play it safe, stay close and try to win in the end. A perfect Marvesque game plan if i've ever seen one.

Zac Taylor is too passive and not a good HC. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I still give this team a 30 percent chance of making playoffs, Eagles is a must win though. Browns were not as bad as week 1 indicated. Ravens are tough opening game. besides Cowboys and maybe Ravens their isn't a rushing attack we will face better in NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Both QBs played well and the announcers acknowledged it...the jerks!

Yeah, just don't understand why that can't be enough rather than having to elevate Burrow to as-of-yet-unearned-but-hopefully-soon-earned heights based on fantasy and what-ifs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't grade on a curve if you're comparing two people from the same game and saying one outplayed the other. Either they did or they did not outplay them. Otherwise you're saying they WOULD have outplayed them if they were on opposite teams, and that's just delving into potentials/possibilites/what-ifs rather than reality.

One was more accurate, got more yards, had a better QB Rating, and got a W. 

Burrow had a pretty decent game. Why can't that be enough for now with a rookie QB?

Oh so context only matters with our past redhead QB, but doesn't matter with this one? Okay, I'm on the same page as you now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: People are only mentioning Penei Sewell but they have to realize the Bengals will need a top 3 pick (and that's being generous cuz hes likely to go #2). 

It is looking good so far.

I mean, we are not beating Pittsburg or Baltimore or Cleveland with this line play. That's 0-7 right there.

Maybe we have a shot vs Miami, Wash, or NYG.

But anyone else? Do we play the Jets?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's not a moral victory at all.  Point is, he's had these guys in position to make the plays they've needed to win these first two games.  Dropped balls, overthrows, shanked kicks, and awful tackling have killed them.  It doesn't help that they dropped $18 mil on a washed up AJ. 

Got a feeling AJ will be fine. It's been 2 years since he's played; he's probably rusty and like a lot of players in 2020, out of shape. I'm just glad he's gotten through 2 games relatively healthy. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
The fact that we are resorting to praising the Browns' coaching and roster in order to downplay Baker's stats is amusing.

Us 4 hours ago - THE Browns will NEVER EVER BE GOOD! They wreck everything and everyone!
Us now - If Burrow were on the Browns he'd have 5 TDs!

So it's come to this, eh?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)Synric Wrote: It's harder than you think. Look at last year one win could have sent them from #1 overall to #3 or 4.

I am really confident that they can get a top two pick. The schedule gets much harder and they would be lucky to win 4 games. They aren’t beating Balt or Pitt so that’s 4 losses. I don’t know if they will beat any of the NFC east teams either. Maybe Washington even with Young’s inevitable 4 sacks? Giants or Jags? Those teams all look way better than the Bengals. I am feeling really good about getting a top two pick!

Bengals #1 (on draft day)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Glad the mods allow thread stalking and weird witchhunting of any POSSIBLE existence of criticism and/or the mention of Dalton even existing.

Stalking? Lol it’s a message board. I’m allowed to respond to any post I want as long as I follow the CoC. As far as getting annoyed by people pinning for Dalton while this kid is playing his heart out (in primetime) too bad. If you guys would stop bringing him up, and comparing Burrow unfairly to him you wouldn’t get such replies.

Reply/Quote
It's not like Burrow was perfect tonight. 25 yard fumble completely his fault 3 or 4 overthrows. Still has yet to complete a 25 yard pass.. If Burrow wasn't a rookie I would say his play has been mediocre at best. About what Dalton was last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't like any of these guys, but when was the last time we fired a coach and replaced him with someone better?

Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh so context only matters with our past redhead QB, but doesn't matter with this one? Okay, I'm on the same page as you now. 

No, if Dalton did well but got outplayed and someone tried to say that he instead outplayed the opposing QB (regardless of reality) because of a bunch of what-ifs and the like, that would be also incorrect.

If you're going to make a claim that someone outplayed another player, at least have something to back it up with rather than "he WOULD have outplayed him if they had a different coaching staff, different RBs, different OL, and a different pair of shoes".

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Got a feeling AJ will be fine. It's been 2 years since he's played; he's probably rusty and like a lot of players in 2020, out of shape. I'm just glad he's gotten through 2 games relatively healthy. 
GO STRIPES!!!

Thinking he hurt his shoulder on first throw of game. He was grimacing rest of game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: It's not like Burrow was perfect tonight. 25 yard fumble completely his fault 3 or 4 overthrows. Still has yet to complete a 25 yard pass.. If Burrow wasn't a rookie I would say his play has been mediocre at best. About what Dalton was last year.

Yeah, but I think its fair to say he played better than the 52 or 54 (whichever it is) other players on our team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 AM)OUatown Wrote: Marvin Lewis

You mean we fired LeBeau and hired Marvin, I assume?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:03 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Zero sacks and only 1 tackle for a loss.  Is that on the players or the coaching?

They didn't even come close to sacking Baker.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, if Dalton did well but got outplayed and someone tried to say that he instead outplayed the opposing QB (regardless of reality) because of a bunch of what-ifs and the like, that would be also incorrect.

If you're going to make a claim that someone outplayed another player, at least have something to back it up with rather than "he WOULD have outplayed him if they had a different coaching staff, different RBs, different OL, and a different pair of shoes".

ok. Context doesn't matter to you, got it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh so context only matters with our past redhead QB, but doesn't matter with this one? Okay, I'm on the same page as you now. 

Rep

Glad I’m not the only one who sees this stuff.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *TLL with his best not impressed face*

(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stalking? Lol it’s a message board. I’m allowed to respond to any post I want as long as I follow the CoC. As far as getting annoyed by people pinning for Dalton while this kid is playing his heart out (in primetime) too bad. If you guys would stop bringing him up, and comparing Burrow unfairly to him you wouldn’t get such replies.

[Image: wpid-2-months-free-rent.gif]

Just saying, I feel like Rockwell the way you are sniffing around and hunting for any suggestion that Joe Burrow isn't God's gift to football and that merely "playing well" isn't enough of a praise for a rookie QB who's 0-2.

Reply/Quote