Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-06-2020, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny. You keep saying what I'd do, but you're the only one doing it.

Yeah, I had no intention to hide my annoyance away. But also, I "kept saying it" because you asked me about it. For my needs, one mention would have sufficed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed, partisanship tends to get in the way of a solid argument.

Yeah sure, though I also wanted to say that the existence of exaggerations doesn't mean there is actually little to see. When it comes to Trump, I feel this type of argument is used quite often. In the sense of "yeah that maybe was bad, but some on the left/in the media/on this board/... really make more out of it than is there, and now let's declare that the most debate-worthy problem instead of the bad thing Trump did."

(10-06-2020, 12:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  
Dear god, I would have, and introduced her to my own.  I have several European friends, so I was familiar with her well before the second Matrix movie (which is where most Americans first saw her).  I've never seen a more stunning woman.

So say many, many people.
I, for one, never really saw it... not that extremely at least... but yeah regardless, I figure you'd need a better pick up line then saying she has good genes. Don't know about her, but most women would be bewildered. Some would think you talk about their Levi's. Hardly anyone would react by saying, oh that's so nice of you to say, same in return, wanna mingle?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did you get the 94% white stat?

It's from the 1990 Census.

When you reply to a long post you are not going to respond to, why not cut  most of it off so it takes up less space?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:07 AM)Dill Wrote: It's from the 1990 Census.

Yeah, who knew there'd be any demographic change in 30 years?  Well reasoned!

Quote:When you reply to a long post you are not going to respond to, why not cut  most of it off so it takes up less space?

An excellent question.  I wonder if you'll be asking this of others?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, just look at your last couple of posts. 

Just look at the crowd Trump was addressing.  It was well over 90% white.  I am guessing close to 99%.

You live in Kentucky.  You think Trump is claiming you are inferior to people from Minnesota because of your genetics?  If not then you are the one trying to twist his words.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Be in whatever mood you want, but you've provided a perfect example.

Now if Trump would have really said "we" (the way Fred twisted them) then you'd have a point.

If Trump would have said "94% of you" (using Dill's stats) then you'd have a point

If Trump would have said "Back before all these black folks got here" then you'd have a point

Other that that, you just twisted his words to suggest he was talking about white folk, instead of folk from Minnesota. Admittedly you did this to support how the words "impressed" you. 

Trump did ask the crowd "You think we’re so different? You have good genes in Minnesota.” You caught that, right? Is it possible Trump doesn't include himself in the group of people with good genes? 

What if Trump would have said "Until all these brown folks get here--the ones Biden will send from Africa and other places?"

Trump did spend a lot of time threatening those genetically superior Minnesotans with the mass of Somalians waiting to flood their state if Biden won. Fair to say he thinks Africans ARE "so different," isn't it?   And there are already a lot of people in Minnesota Trump assumed didn't belong there, even though they were already citizens. ("Did Omar marry her brother [to get here]?") He used their presence to threaten the "real" Minnesotans with the specter of more of "THEM" coming. Is that how one talks about "Folk from Minnesota," not "just white folks"?

Minnesota fought on the side of the Union, but Trump felt a need to praise Robert E. Lee, who apparently would have won the Civil War at Gettysburg if that general guy he wanted to fight the battle hadn't already been killed. They "fought up hill and got slaughtered." Trump promised to protect "heritage"--from the statue vandals.

The question I have for you is--is it possible for someone to play a crowd with racial themes and fears, imply a stance towards race-coded issues, without ever saying the word "race" or explicitly affirming white supremacy? 

I get the impression you think that if Trump doesn't say "race" then he just can't be, no matter how long he goes on about "good genes" and threatening swarms of Africans and the best general to defend the cause of slavery.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now if Trump would have really said "we" (the way Fred twisted them) then you'd have a point.

He said "we are not that different."

Who is "we"?

The fact that you are claiming Trump was somehow including every different genetic group in his claims is rdidiculous.   You can't honestly believe That Trump thinlks all the people in Minnesoita have the same genes and they are different from all the people in every other state.

It is amazing the mental gymnastics you will go through to defend Trump.

So to put it simply.  He DID say "we".  I think he meant "we white people" when he said "we".  Who do you think he meant?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He said "we are not that different."

Who is "we"?

The fact that you are claiming Trump was somehow including every different genetic group in his claims is rdidiculous.   You can't honestly believe That Trump thinlks all the people in Minnesoita have the same genes and they are different from all the people in every other state.

So to put it simply.  He DID say "we".  I think he meant "we white people" when he said "we".  Who do you think he meant?
It is amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through to negatively twist every word Trump says.
Reply/Quote
Couple things:

What would help is if Trump didn't think he was a stand up riffing new material when he is the POTUS speaking to a crowd of voters and nationwide audience on television.  He is NOT that good.  Which is why his words get "twisted".  Like SSF said he just spouts whatever comes to mind.  Usually that is something that his "speak at a 4th grade level" mind/audience can understand.  So if someone tells Trump once that genes can have something do with how we react to the virus in his feeble, drug addled mind that translates into "you people have good genes!" whether those people are a majority white or black (oh who are we kidding...lol...they will be white) but not BECAUSE they are white but because he's not smart enough to form coherent thoughts with any depth.

It is equally easy to ascribe racist thoughts to his words because he has said racist things in his past.

That's the "Trump defense".  We can take what he says literally...we have to see what is "in his heart".  Unless we want to take it literally because "he speaks his mind."  

Just like "Trump doesn't lie" because he's "not a politician" but when he does lie then "all politicians lie".

Lastly it's nice to see friends "white knighting" for others in this thread.  Maybe that means we can retire that phrase along with "mean girls" and "the click".  Though I doubt it because others won't see their own actions in the same light as they see the actions of people they routinely disagree with.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It is amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through to negatively twist every word Trump says.

Indeed. Yet Trump has denounced white supremacy and hate almost every time he was pushed to.

But it is never enough.  Next time he insinuates a Black politician was not born in America,

or cancels Race sensitivity training in gov., or laments the dilution of European culture via immigration,

or asks Pompeo to "look into" the South African government's seizure of white farmers' land in South Africa,

or questions the "end result" of Lincoln's presidency, or worries that Nigerians who see America "will never go back to their huts,"

or laments that a "well-educated Black has a tremendous advantage over a well educated White" in today's job market,

or retweets a supremacist meme claiming 81% of whites murdered in the US are killed by blacks,

the haters will see what they want to and demand yet another "clarification."

Meantime Biden "slurs an entire race" (no "twisting" required there) and still gets full-throated support from the Congressional Black Caucus PAC.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Indeed. Yet Trump has denounced white supremacy and hate almost every time he was pushed to.

But it is never enough.  Next time he insinuates a Black politician was not born in America,

or cancels Race sensitivity training in gov., or laments the dilution of European culture via immigration,

or asks Pompeo to "look into" the South African government's seizure of white farmers' land in South Africa,

or questions the "end result" of Lincoln's presidency, or worries that Nigerians who see America "will never go back to their huts,"

or laments that a "well-educated Black has a tremendous advantage over a well educated White" in today's job market,

or retweets a supremacist meme claiming 81% of whites murdered in the US are killed by blacks,

the haters will see what they want to and demand yet another "clarification."

Meantime Biden "slurs an entire race" (no "twisting" required there) and still gets full-throated support from the Congressional Black Caucus PAC.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just look at the crowd Trump was addressing.  It was well over 90% white.  I am guessing close to 99%.

Probably accurate. According to exit polls, 94% of his Minnesota support was white. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He said "we are not that different."

Who is "we"?

Mr "I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong". He did not say we have superior genes. He said the people of Minnesota (not just the folks at his rally or even just the white folk at his rally) had superior genes and then being the narcissist he is he wanted them to know that, he too, has superior genes.

Someone is definitely displaying mental gymnastics and providing a perfect example of twisting his words. I thank you for the example Mr "I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong". 

GTFO
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Probably accurate. According to exit polls, 94% of his Minnesota support was white. 

Well, the vast majority of his support was from white people so that's hardly surprising.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 08:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It is amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through to negatively twist every word Trump says.

Would you just stop it with the mental gymnastics to support Trump?

He ended a compliment to citizens of a state by saying this: "You have good genes in Minnesota"

So obviously that means;

He wasn't talking to the people of the state of Minnesota, of which 20% are other than non-Hispanic white. He was only talking about the white that attended his rally. 

He most likely would have gotten a pass from those TWISTING HIS WORDS if he would have just said:

"If you don't vote for me, then you ain't white" 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mr "I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong". He did not say we have superior genes. He said the people of Minnesota (not just the folks at his rally or even just the white folk at his rally) had superior genes and then being the narcissist he is he wanted them to know that, he too, has superior genes.

Someone is definitely displaying mental gymnastics and providing a perfect example of twisting his words. I thank you for the example Mr "I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong". 

GTFO

Yet he didn't seem to think Minnesotans like Ilan Omar and her "ilk" had superior genes.

Was he addressing Somali "People of Minnesota" and not just white folk at his rally when he asked

“Are you having a good time with your refugees?” 

Perhaps he just meant Somalis who aren't citizens yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:02 PM)Dill Wrote: Yet he didn't seem to think Minnesotans like Ilan Omar and her "ilk" had superior genes.

Was he addressing Somali "People of Minnesota" and not just white folk at his rally when he asked

“Are you having a good time with your refugees?” 

Perhaps he just meant Somalis who aren't citizens yet.

Your going to have to share with me what you are taking about. Is this something that happened in 1990?

Because I was of the impression we were discussing the comments he recently made at his recent white...eeerr Minnesota rally.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:02 PM)Dill Wrote: Was he addressing Somali "People of Minnesota" and not just white folk at his rally when he asked

Prove that he wasn't.
Reply/Quote

Since none of us are gymnast and Trump is always clear about what he says then just tell me who Trump thinks has superior genes and who has inferior.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 01:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Prove that he wasn't.

Very simple.

Somali people don't have the same genes as the white people of Minnesota.
Reply/Quote