Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-reader-injury-reels-d-line-zac-no-time-to-panic-green-hurts-hamstring

"No time to panic," says Zac. Maybe not, but there should be a sense of urgency to do well.

(10-11-2020, 07:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's either a ***** idiot or he's trying desperately to put on a brave face.  

You're 3-17-1, coach.  I'd say it's time to panic.

The only coach thing that Taylor is good at is coach speak. He learned if you talk like one, you don’t have to act like one.
Reply/Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again: They have to convince Matt Campbell from ISU to come here. It is nothing short of amazing what he has done there. He has them playing fundamentally sound disciplined football and he absolutely commands the respect of everyone around him. Whatever NFL team lands this coach first will be set for the next decade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All I know is if it wasnt for Burrow, I would have absolutely zero interest in this team, as in none, zilch, nada, none.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zac Taylors big thing is preaching a "winning culture". The dude has 3 wins in two years. Yeah...not sure how players are still buying into this crap.

And they should be 3-2 this season.  The guy is awful in close games.  I cannot name one thing that he does well.  The only good thing he's done since he's been here is to be such a bad coach we were able to get Joe Burrow with the first pick. Thanks for that at least.
Reply/Quote
We do need better players on the o-line (MB's unforgivably idiotic statement, saying "why should I pay for blockers?" while letting Zeitler and Whitworth walk looms even larger now). But honestly, it appears to be much more of an execution problem now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How many playoff games did we win in those 5 years?  (Hint: It starts with a Z.)

Actually Duke Tobin has been here a total of 21 years.  How many playoff games have we won in that span?

What's our record over the last 5 seasons?

Does recency not matter?  Does actually getting closer to the ultimate goal (Superbowl) not matter?

I mean, I guess if you want a guy that can build a year-in, year-out loser then Tobin is your man.  Why change anything?

I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid of him. But the question was how could anyone be successful with him as GM. We had periods of successful so it wasn't a good question. Some of those playoff losses weren't due to not having good players on the field. 

I do totally agree though, the last few years of drafts have been bad. The OL picks have been terrible, the 1st round picks for years have been terrible; it's time to try a different approach. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:50 PM)MickMack Wrote: Taylor was an embarrassment of a hire in the first place.  His resume included the following:

• 2017 - 2018, LA Rams, where he was initially the assistant wide receivers coach before the big promotion to quarterbacks coach.
  • 2016, University of Cincinnati, in Taylor's one full year of experience as an offensive coordinator, he inherited a UC squad that ranked 37th out of 128 D1 programs in points per game in 2015.  Taylor managed to take that squad to the absolute basement of D1 football as his offense ranked 123rd out of 128 D1 programs in points per game. 
  • 2012 - 2015, Miami Dolphins, Taylor began as the assistant quarterbacks coach, eventually ascending to "interim" offensive coordinator for five games.  Taylor's offense managed a fierce 17 points a game in his only NFL experience calling plays.  
He was not ready for this job and it's woefully apparent.

is that you Pistons? an old poster on here that hasn't posted in awhile
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: All I know is if it wasnt for Burrow, I would have absolutely zero interest in this team, as in none, zilch, nada, none.

I'm sure you are not the only one.  2015 about broke me, I tuned in to 2016 and 2017 but it was clear the window had shut hard on that team. Much of 2018 and nearly all of 2019 was unwatchable.  It was only when I learned of Burrow that I kind of rejuvenated my own interest.  All my favorite players from that 2015 unit are either gone or suck now.  Fact is, this is a bad organization and this is a bad time within it.  
Reply/Quote
Makes you wonder when ZT thinks IS time to "panic"? At bare minimum it's time for a change at OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Makes you wonder when ZT thinks IS time to "panic"?

When he's managing a Kinkos in 4 years, and wondering how he's going to afford his 750k mortgage.
Reply/Quote
Dak hurt his ankle badly just now. Dalton is about to come in for the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: is that you Pistons? an old poster on here that hasn't posted in awhile

Nope.  I'm just a long time lurker who is finally angry enough to start ranting posting.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:37 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Dak hurt his ankle badly just now.  Dalton is about to come in for the Cowboys.

That was a nasty looking injury.  I cringed.  Hope for the best for Dak.
Reply/Quote
It's no time to panic given the job security Bengals "offer".

That's all he meant. Looking at this schedule this lost (how we lost), may have lasting effects on the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I wonder what the worst start to a coaching career through 30 games is? In NFL history?

Or put another way, what is the longest a coach has lasted winning under 15% of their games?

I bet it is exceedingly rare for someone to make it 2+ years, and I bet most of those involve expansion teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I wonder what the worst start to a coaching career through 30 games is? In NFL history?

Or put another way, what is the longest a coach has lasted winning under 15% of their games?

I bet it is exceedingly rare for someone to make it 2+ years, and I bet most of those involve expansion teams.

Has to be Hue's start in Cleveland.  1-31 his first two seasons, 3-36 overall.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: All I know is if it wasnt for Burrow, I would have absolutely zero interest in this team, as in none, zilch, nada, none.

Same. If they get him injured I will instantly check out for the year.

Reply/Quote
No time to Panic when you get curb stomped by a Division Rival??

Learn from the crappy browns and go get a Full back and get real protection.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: When he's managing a Kinkos in 4 years, and wondering how he's going to afford his 750k mortgage.

LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:43 PM)MickMack Wrote: Has to be Hue's start in Cleveland.  1-31 his first two seasons, 3-36 overall.

Good guess. I was thinking John McKay in Tampa foe the expansion Bucs. So Hugh got 39 games. 

I don't know if I can handle 18 more games of this.
Reply/Quote