Now Taylor says Glenn at LG, Williams at LT

Initially it’s the line, but can change moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I put Boling at RT over Hart. Boling might not be our best Lineman anymore with Jonah here but he is just too versatile to cut or trade. He is our 2nd best Lineman if Jonah is now the best, you keep him over Glenn who played poorly last season.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately Hart is still right tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I put Boling at RT over Hart. Boling might not be our best Lineman anymore with Jonah here but he is just too versatile to cut or trade. He is our 2nd best Lineman if Jonah is now the best, you keep him over Glenn who played poorly last season.

Yeah absolutely!

IF Hart ends up starting somehow after this shuffle happens...

Glenn is still light years ahead of Hart.
Reply/Quote
Let's hope it works out. Looks like Clint might be moving to the Right Side.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't see Boling cut at all. He's versatile and we have little to no depth on OL. He's a must-keep IMHO.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:32 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I don't see Boling cut at all.  He's versatile and we have little to no depth on OL.  He's a must-keep IMHO.

You wouldn't think we'd cut our 2nd best lineman.

Boling at RT is a good idea. Hart at RT is a terrible idea.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's hope it works out. Looks like Clint might be moving to the Right Side.

Boling/Miller/Price/Glenn/Williams

or

Hart/Boling/Price/Glenn/Williams

I guess it comes down to Hart or Miller? I think Miller is somewhat better.

Moving Boling to Tackle makes his pricetag go way up as a free agent.
Reply/Quote
Boling will start at RT with Hart as a backup and Hart cut next year or even later this year...who knows.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
No way in hell Boling gets released. We are still paper thin along the O-line. Boling will start somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Good move unless we’re shuffling deck chairs for the Hart-tanic.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah absolutely!

IF Hart ends up starting somehow after this shuffle happens...

Glenn is still light years ahead of Hart.

Agreed, i would love it if Glenn could make the move to RT but he has never played there, Boling has played at RT before even if he was not as good there, he is still better then Hart.

(05-20-2019, 03:32 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I don't see Boling cut at all. He's versatile and we have little to no depth on OL. He's a must-keep IMHO.

Yes sir.

(05-20-2019, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You wouldn't think we'd cut our 2nd best lineman.

Boling at RT is a good idea. Hart at RT is a terrible idea.

Yep.

(05-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Boling will start at RT with Hart as a backup and Hart cut next year or even later this year...who knows.

Agree.

(05-20-2019, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way in hell Boling gets released. We are still paper thin along the O-line. Boling will start somewhere.

Fred is correct on this one.
Reply/Quote
Sooo…. Rookie LT. Glenn has never played guard....2nd year center that played poorly, RG Miller wasn't wanted by his last team, and Hart was one of the league's worst RT's.

Glenn's cap hit 9.25 million.

This is going to be, ummm, interesting.

#2021QBDRAFT!
Reply/Quote
From what I've read....and Paul should have known this.....they are going to try many different combos this spring, and not to put any stock in what you see in the beginning, all the way until week 1. I'm sure all scenarios have been discussed with the players, and they are open to all possibilities.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/19/bengals-coaches-caution-reading-too-much-into-offensive-lineups-otas/

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:44 PM)yang Wrote: Sooo….  Rookie LT.  Glenn has never played guard....2nd year center that played poorly,  RG Miller wasn't wanted by his last team, and Hart was one of the league's worst RT's.  

This is going to be, ummm, interesting.

#2021QBDRAFT!

Glenn has played LG.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boling/Miller/Price/Glenn/Williams

or

Hart/Boling/Price/Glenn/Williams

I guess it comes down to Hart or Miller? I think Miller is somewhat better.

Moving Boling to Tackle makes his pricetag go way up as a free agent.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Glenn
C - Price
RG - Miller
RT - Boling

This is what i am seeing, pay Boling what he is worth is what i say. Have to pay your OT's anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Glenn has played LG.

When?  and he wasn't great at LT.   He's a 9.25 million cap hit.  Zeitler is $5 million.   
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Glenn
C - Price
RG - Miller
RT - Boling

This is what i am seeing, pay Boling what he is worth is what i say. Have to pay your OT's anyways.

God that's brutal.  
Reply/Quote
As I said earlier I expect to see different guys moved around on the O-line. I am just glad they are starting early. Players can change positions on the o-line without a lot of problem, but the unit needs to work together with everyone in a set place.

We will obviously see more moves when Boling returns, but I hope they have a set lineup early in training camp so everyone can get comfortable with the guys around them.
Reply/Quote