Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2019 OL
(05-20-2019, 05:04 PM)804 fan Wrote: That is what I suggested on cincy jungle,  Williams, Jordan,  Hopkins, Price, Glenn. Mostly because Price and Jordan were better guards in college than center and mostly had to play there due to teammates going to the pros. If Boling or anyone else can play center at a upgrade over Hopkins that would be nice as well. The only common thread is no Hart or Redmon on the right please.

But BP has higher potential than Hopkins. He’s probably at best slightly above average. I think BP could be a solid pro. Maybe not top 3, but I can see him as a top 5 C. I like the center position a tad more than guard so I’m a little bias. Also, Miller is in the mix
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
if Jordan progresses this summer and Glenn can
get settled in, it might be a remote chance that
Boling becomes your swing man thia year
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 05:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But BP has higher potential than Hopkins. He’s probably at best slightly above average. I think BP could be a solid pro. Maybe not top 3, but I can see him as a top 5 C. I like the center position a tad more than guard so I’m a little bias. Also, Miller is in the mix

At this point I’m just hoping for Price to be average. That’s all I want. Cincinnati hasn’t had great luck with centers since the mid-2000’s. I know Price was injured last season and he was a rookie, but he was one of the worst starting C’s in the league.

Hopefully a healthy off-season and another year in the league brings him up.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the play...

Makes the most sense to me.

Usually agree with you Shake but not here, we need as many Lineman as possible and Glenn and especially Boling are much better then Hart or Hopkins. Don't care about the cap hit, we need the best Line out there and that has Boling and Glenn on it.

I agree with this, we have the money to keep both, no need to cut unless they crap totally out, or someone becomes available that we could use the money on. They are going to be a part of the 2019 season, and the position jockeying is good. The team can gel better when each player knows not only his assignment, but the guys next to him as well.
Reply/Quote
I hope they try out each and every one of them at every position. I don't really care who's where as long as the beat 5 are on the field. And as bad as our line was last season it wouldn't shock me much to see any of them cut.

We have 15 linemen listed on the roster now and it wouldn't surprise me much to see one of the draft picks shove somebody off the roster.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking that Bolling ends up at RG once healthy. This helps Hart a lot just by having a competent player next to him. I'd expect Sample will spend most of him time on the right, too.

Also, people need to stop acting like Billy Price is a bust. He started one year at a very difficult position to learn coming on an injury. Way too early to panic about him.

As said, now is the time to experiment. I'm really intrigued by the left side of this line, though. Would playing LG help Glenn as far as injury is concerned compared to playing LT?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't.  I think this is exactly what they said they were going to do.  Try out a few combos and see which one works best to get the 5 best players on the field at the same time.  If that happens to be Glenn at LG, then so be it.....but I wouldn't bet on that.  I just think Glenn was saying he's open to whatever it takes to win games.

Or, at least whatever it takes to keep a fat paycheck coming..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why isn't Bolling playing on the reg. field?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 07:37 PM)ward4239@icloud.com Wrote: Why isn't Bolling playing on the reg. field?

That's a good question.  I haven't seen or read anything about it.  However, I am willing to speculate, as Clint has been getting dinged up in the last parts of the season, for a couple years now.  Perhaps he had a procedure over the off season, and is still working back from it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't really get moving Glenn to G. Would rather see Williams at RT than LT for now
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Remember they said not to put a lot of stock in what you see early in camp, as they will be trying lots of different combinations in order to get the best players on the field. Also remember that Price was hurt a significant portion of last season and Glenn had to play hurt most of the season as well. Maybe they are kicking Glenn inside to LG with an eye to (once he gets back) trying Boling at RT and platooning Miller and Jordan at RG.
Reply/Quote
Trying to put the best players on the filed regardless of position? Please, get a maester to send a raven to Merv and update him on the 'new' NFL.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
The way Hobson has been dropping hints at Boling not being a staple on the OL raised some questions for me. Starting on the rehab field is bad. I hope it is nothing career threatening. I was hoping to use him as a super sub this year to spell guys across the line.
Reply/Quote
Play around with them all you want as long as Hart isn’t starting when the season rolls around. Give me Glenn, Williams or even Boling at RT over Hart. I was feeling good about Hart being moved to a backup spot once the season started when we drafted Williams but I’m already starting to get concerned. There is no way having him out there is the best option for this line
Reply/Quote
With Glenn saying he's moving inside I see it like this.
Williams LT, Glenn LG, Price C, Miller RG, Boling RT.
Reply/Quote
What if Boling is RG and Hart RT?

What if the Bengals REALLY like Hart as a starter for some reason?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 10:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What if Boling is RG and Hart RT?

What if the Bengals REALLY like Hart as a starter for some reason?

If they REALLY like Hart, then they must REALLY think they can coach him up. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 10:37 PM)Fullrock Wrote: If they REALLY like Hart, then they must REALLY think they can coach him up. 

I'm sure the last staff thought they could too with the epic battle of Ced, Hart, and Fisher for the RT spot.

I didn't see much improvement for Hart under Pollack.

From what I read, they think the False Starts are a fluke.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sure the last staff thought they could too with the epic battle of Ced, Hart, and Fisher for the RT spot.

I didn't see much improvement for Hart under Pollack.

From what I read, they think the False Starts are a fluke.

I'll say this. If Hart is a starter on this O-line it will be a huge disappointment. He's a serviceable back up on this team. 
Reply/Quote
Dang it...I told myself I wasn't gonna do this...but I'm getting excited again. The Oline could be the strength of the team. We might pound people into submission. The boner I would have if we just lined up and ran down division rivals throats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEx0uvBl5Y
Reply/Quote