Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-15-2015, 04:57 PM)Benton Wrote: * Omniscience
** Omnipotence, if done. Although that presupposes there is no free choice
*** If you view time as linear, yes. You are correct.
**** That's why I don't think it's a good example. A movie, by definition, is created. People are told what to do, they do it and someone edits it to make sure it's how they imagined it. Although I still think it's off, a play is a better example. People are given a basis and can follow as close or loose as they like while the director can always correct the show or stop it.

* Indeed

** What do you mean "presuppose"?  By definition it isn't a free choice if I was created to behave in a certain way.

*** Why would I view time as anything but?  

**** Humans are "created".  Supposedly by this all-knowing God character.  Instead of being "told" (he doesn't speak), he programmed us to behave in accordance to his foreknowledge of our behavior.  Otherwise, he wouldn't be omnipotent and we could act in a way counter to his knowledge.

That seems like the most reasonable deduction based on the supposed evidence of his omniscience (knowledge of our actions before we have consciousness) and omnipotence (the fact that he created us with foreknowledge of how we would act).  Computer programs behave similarly.

We are ultimately computer programs if God exists.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - WhoDeyWho - 06-15-2015, 05:07 PM