Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-16-2015, 04:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When you're watching a movie, even though you're watching that actor at that moment, the movie has already been filmed and the actors are somewhere else, doing something else. 

As you're sitting there reading this right now, God is watching you and knows what you will do 5 years from now, yet it hasn't happened yet. Five minutes from now hasn't happened yet. You can continue to read this, or get up and leave from where you are. Nothing is physically making you do either.

Wrap your head around that.

Or maybe you believe you have no say in what you do; continue reading or get up and leave. In that case, you're right. You have no free will. 

I bet you believe it's your choice of which one you decide to do.

It is my choice, because I don't believe in supernatural gods who programmed me to behave a certain way.  If God already knows the future, the future is a foregone conclusion.  The same as a movie is.  

It makes you wonder, why he wastes his time with humans.  He already knows how the story ends.  There is no "proving" yourself worthy of him.  He already knows the deal.  You guys don't think too highly of your god if you believe he would waste his time with such a ridiculous activity.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - WhoDeyWho - 06-16-2015, 09:37 AM