Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-16-2015, 02:34 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: How would it be in my child's "best interest" to make a rule I know they will not listen to, then torture them for not listening?  I'd be better of just not having kids.  

I could be here strictly to burn in hell.  What does that say about him?  

No comment

1- I tell my kids not to drive a car or I'll punish them. If they don't listen, the result is they could a- get hurt, or b- not get hurt. I do it for their own well being because I care about them.Because I don't want option A to happen. What good is a hollow threat of punishment?

2- I have no idea what your place in the universe is. There's only two who know that – you and Him. But you alone (within the constraints of physics) have the power to decide what that role is. Good guy, bad guy, baker, candle stick maker, whatever.

Personally, I subscribe to the belief that God put things in motion, but he didn't go around deciding what I was going to have for lunch today. Free will, he left that up to me. Yes, He knew what I was going to eat (omniscient), but He didn't make that decision for me (omnipotent). His plan is on a bigger scale than that.

But that's just my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Benton - 06-16-2015, 02:55 PM