Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-16-2015, 04:56 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If you knew your kid was going to go to a party on a particular evening and overdose on heroine, would you do more than just tell them not to do drugs?

Something tells me you wouldn't settle for your "futile" words with that knowledge.  If indeed you would, what does that say about you as a parent?  What good would "hoping" do you when you are privy to knowledge that tells you exactly the danger that is about to befall your kid?  This is exactly the type of knowledge are "father" (God) supposedly has regarding us (his children).

What?  Drowning the world in a flood or hell?

You think you have options, but you can only do what he has already witnessed before you even existed, so you really don't.  It's only an illusion.  Your life has already played out in his head.

No comment.

No comment.  

I think we're going in circles, so I'm just going to leave it with what I've already said, since I think I'm just saying the same thing (and you are, too) over and over. We disagree on what God is, what time is, what omnipotence vs omniscience is, what free will is, and I'm ok with that. I just don't think either one of us is going to do much to change the other's mind and I don't know any other ways to say what I've already said a half dozen times.

ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Benton - 06-16-2015, 05:09 PM