Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-17-2015, 02:06 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Christianity is founded upon Jesus. Christianity takes an active part in people accepting or rejecting God.

Some Christian believe that souls are condemned even if the living were unaware of Jesus' existence. Some believe the souls of miscarried fetuses are condemned because they aren't "saved."

God/Christ. Two sides of the same coin. If you believe in the bible, Jesus says  "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." so, assuming you're saying there is no salvation or communion with God unless you're Christian, i'd say yes. But i don't look at it as "active" in the same sense as God predetermining or having any influence on what you choose to do. Christ's birth, death and resurrection caused all sin to be placed on His blood. From that point, it was acceptance of Him that was necessary for us to be redeemed. Taking the place of animal sacrifice or whatever. "Except through me" is just saying, 'no need to do all that other stuff, just ask me'. 

Anyone that believes a child will not go to heaven doesn't read the bible. 
"And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them." Mark 10:13-16

Lots of instances in the bible of people being told to be "childlike". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - rfaulk34 - 06-17-2015, 03:13 AM