Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-17-2015, 08:47 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: What do you mean "God wants"?  If I'm omniscient, I already know what they are going to do.  If you are arguing he gives people "free will" knowing they will go against his wishes, then ultimately he wants the results of that or he wouldn't have created them to go against his will.  

That's why it makes no sense.  If I want a certain outcome and know for a fact that doing A will not result in that outcome, then it is foolish of me to knowingly say I wanted that certain outcome.  He knows what everything he creates will do so, why would he "want" anything different?  That's like buying an Accord and expecting it to perform like an Indy Car.  Is it really the cars fault that it can't hit 200 miles per hour or is it my fault for knowingly buying it knowing the limitations?    

God ultimately gets exactly what he wants.  Otherwise, he is only sabotaging himself.  

He can't fake ignorance on incompetence when something doesn't go his way.

That's why it is absurd to me.  

He gave free will because he "wants" people to choose Him of their own will. Otherwise he would have just made us drones.

People can stay hung up on omniscience all they want. The end result is always the same. There is an eternity and each person chooses where they want to end up by their actions and the choices they make. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - rfaulk34 - 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM