Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-18-2015, 11:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: One of their rationalizations is if the non believers are allowed to go to Heaven then what incentive is there to become saved. Also, God will reveal Himself to you if you believe even if you aren't aware of Jesus. I would suggest you read the articles because they quote the verses to support their belief because I don't want to take a position where it seems like I am proving/defending their belief.

If you've never heard the word, then you get a pass. If you hear it and chose not to believe, you don't.

(06-18-2015, 12:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If I am omniscient, but not omnipotent, and know tonght's winning lottery numbers the winning numbers are the only numbers which will be drawn. It is impossible for any nonwinning numbers to be drawn. Because if a different number were to be drawn in the future it would change the future which I saw, but  because I'm omniscient I would have seen that change from the beginning.

So although I didn't affect anything the result cannot change. So if God knows I will reject him before Creation there is no possible way for me to accept Him. Because if I chose to accept God in my future life, God would know I'm going to Heaven.  But, God knows I'm going to Hell, not Heaven.

Knowing the number that will be drawn has no effect on what number will be drawn. If you know a coin flip is going to be heads every third time, knowing has no effect on someone flipping. If you know what card will be drawn from a deck every time, it has no effect on someone drawing it. If you know the lottery numbers — and take no action to change those numbers — it does not change any numbers.

If He knows you will reject Him and takes no action to change that, it is still your decision not to accept Him. Or, if He takes action — maybe with a giant burning bush or something — and you still do not, it's still your decision.

If you know something is going to happen, your knowledge of that does not change the outcome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - Benton - 06-18-2015, 12:46 PM