Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
(02-15-2016, 06:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 1. James Harrison and Brett Favre have taken their teams to the promise land. And the Packers were horrid for years until Favre. Plus both men are active in those communities presently.

Chad compares well with Carl Pickens though, except Pickens had worse QB's than Chad.

Pickens had in 8 years  540 rec. For 7,129 yds 63 tds.
Chad had in 12 years ....766 rec for 11,059 yds 67tds.

So their average per year was

Carl..................................Chad
67.5 rec..........................63.83 rec
891 yds...........................921 yds
7.8 tds.............................5.5 tds

1. Fine. Saints fans still love Joe Horn after he played with the arch rival Falcons (and he was just as known for celebrations, too). Bills fans still love Thurman Thomas after he finished up with the Dolphins. Vikings fans still love Randy Moss even though he was moody, never won anything, and played many years elsewhere.

2. I like how you only listed Pickens' years with the Bengals, leaving out his awful 242 yard season with the Titans, yet you included Chad's year with the Pats. Talk about manipulating stats. Wow.

So their average per year with the team we actually care about:

Carl..................................Chad

67.5 rec..........................75.1 rec
891 yds...........................1078 yds
7.8 tds.............................6.6 tds

Oops. I guess that's really not a good comparison after all. Chad did it way better for longer.

(02-15-2016, 11:23 AM)CrazyAnimal8 Wrote: Sad but possibly true. That hit was very dirty.  There was another person here that posted a video of Chad talking nonsense after a concussion I believe. He wasn't normal. I hope all is well with Chad internally.

That was for this hit by Brian Russell late in a 34-17 Bengals win. Russell took some frustration out in the form of a cheap shot:

Russell's own teammate Braylon Edwards ripped him publicly for the hit. Meanwhile, Chad took the high road and said it was just a part of the game and that Russell "would have a great story to tell his grand kids." Despite the obvious concussion and his jaw being split open, Chad didn't miss any time. Yet we have folks ripping him and accusing him of being a quitter.  Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson?? - Shake n Blake - 02-15-2016, 02:27 PM