Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
(02-15-2016, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here

"What's changed for me is that I don't feel that we can compete," Johnson said

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bengals/forums/3877-bi-archive/2404519-soloman-wicot-s-interview-with-chad

Quote:"I will take the criticism," Johnson said. "I will stick by my guns, and I will not be there. I feel things need to be done to make this team better. I don't blame Marvin Lewis. I love him. You have never heard me say one bad thing about my coaches or teammates. I know it's not up to Coach Lewis. Whether I'm traded, or if we get better players, is not up to him. If it was up to Coach Lewis, then he would do it."

"What's changed for me is that I don't feel that we can compete," Johnson said. "Look at Cleveland and what they are doing to win. The Patriots and Indianapolis are going for a ring every year. When going for a ring, it all starts at the top. We need to do more and bring in more. We're staying the same. Yes, we have good players, but we need great players. We need defense. They say the money is tied up on offense; I'm not buying it. Look at others teams who are doing it, like Cleveland."

The Browns went 6-10 in 2005 and 4-12 in 2006 before surging to 10-6 and just missing a playoff berth last season.

Sounds to me like Chad was echoing the same sentiments as many other players including Carson Palmer, as well as the vast majority of the fan base. He thought we needed to be more active in FA and bring in some good players to help get to the next level. Do you think he was wrong??
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson?? - Shake n Blake - 02-15-2016, 04:13 PM