Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered
(06-18-2015, 01:14 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Well, I don't believe anything causes my future to happen.  We are discussing the flawed reasoning that God can be omniscient/omnipotent, know your future prior to your creation and yet at the same time provide you with free will...it's nonsense.  It's nonsense because your future can not be known if nothing is causing your future.

Your future is going to happen. Period. There's nothing that will not make it happen. Whether you go on for another 60 years, or whether the Sun explodes and we're all gone tomorrow, the future is guaranteed to happen. 

Everything that happens causes your future, so i'm not sure what you're implying by saying "nothing" is causing your future.

If you think you can know what a Deity is capable of and what they are not capable of, more power to ye. I don't believe you can though.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermediate step to beginning of life uncovered - rfaulk34 - 06-18-2015, 08:30 PM