Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN
Good thread; fair assessments. I don't disagree with any of it.

The Steelers front 7 is more than good enough. Their only knock is that they couldn't always get consistent pressure just rushing 4. It's certainly an issue beyond one player, but Jarvis Jones' play is a big reason for this problem.

The issue with the defense is the secondary. In a league where you need 3 competent corners, the Steelers had one last year. Blake was statistically, by far, the worst corner in the league last year. I haven't seen numbers for it, but I'm guessing his numbers would show he's been the worst starting corner the league has seen in a long time. If for no other reason than a coach would bench a starting corner this bad and replace him with anyone (literally anyone, the nose tackle, the mascot, someone from the stands), instead of continuing to let him start for the remainder of the season.

The 2nd round pick from last year and our 1st round pick from this year will probably compete for the starting spot. Statistically, it would be about impossible for them to be worse than Blake, so some level of improvement is coming. How much of an improvement is the question. The steelers were a fumble on offense from making the AFC Championship game last year with Blake at corner. If the team can overcome that poor of a secondary to get us that far, any improvement at all in the secondary will make all the difference.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - mroudfly - 05-16-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - 6andcounting - 05-16-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - Vlad - 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM