Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(06-30-2015, 09:18 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you word it like that; the pro-choice wording, then it doesn't seem related.  If you look at it from a "One is killing a human and one is killing a human" standpoint, then they're totally related.   It doesn't make sense to me that someone is ok with a woman choosing to murder an unborn child, yet is appalled by the idea of the courts murdering a man for a crime that he committed.  I can't really get on board with either.

I only recently took a firm stance on which side of the fence I stood with abortion.  I struggled with saying that I was pro-life due to the denial of the rights of the woman.  In the end, I consider it murder, and I don't think that it should be tolerated in a civilized society.  I can totally understand the other side's points though....which is something that I can't do on most topics.

I also only recently took a firm stance with capital punishment.  It was the life-ending aspect of both of them that got me.

The unborn part is crucial. A fetus isn't a person. It has no rights. It certainly doesn't have the right to occupy a woman's body against her own choosing.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - BmorePat87 - 06-30-2015, 02:42 PM