Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-02-2015, 12:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My ancestors (on my father's side) were in modern day Somerset County in PA during the French and Indian War, so they were on the frontier of it all. I am unaware of any of them falling victim to any violence in the area, but they were Anabaptists and so would not have fought. My mother's side, also Anabaptists, didn't make their way here until the time between that war and the Revolution, making their way here into the Shenandoah Valley during that time frame, escaping much of the violence of that war. Though the Civil War did claim the lives of some of those ancestors because they were executed (some by the Union, some by the CSA) under suspicion of espionage because they would aid anyone that needed it and one of them would travel to Pennsylvania and Ohio to minister to congregations in those areas.

It's quite possible that your ancestors and my ancestors crossed paths. Kinda cool when you think about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - PhilHos - 07-02-2015, 12:59 PM