Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(07-07-2015, 02:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Viability is what they use to determine these things. Whether or not it is a real person is something that is philosophical in nature and not something I get into a debate about. My entire stance on being pro-choice is that if an abortion happens and you consider the embryo/fetus to be a person there are rights being violated, if abortion is prohibited from happening then there are rights being violated. Therefore, since there is a guarantee of rights being violated no matter the decision it should not be a government decision but one left to the people personally involved. I abhor abortion, but that is my decision, and I live with it quite happily.

I get that. Viability is a rationalization. A pretty bow wrapped around an unfortunate (depending on where you stand) decision.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - rfaulk34 - 07-07-2015, 03:10 PM