Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver
(03-22-2017, 07:40 PM)eoxyod Wrote: There are a couple of factors not shown here:
1. Jones has/had more long term upside, and is still much more dynamic. Posting raw stats to compare the 2 is pointless
2. LaFell has about half the talent Jones has
3. LaFell has been long term more disappointing in the league, and it's hard to say last year was much different
4. Corey Davis, if the Bengals were to get him, should be leagues ahead of other WRs we could acquire and again, is a stronger option long term
5. LaFell's deal is basically a cop out on the 2nd year. Even the Bengals are prepared to cut him next year if they get a good enough options
6. Dalton is a QB that needs about everything going right around him to be great, so giving him more works
7. Eifert is not reliable at all so scratch him out of the equation

Now overall WR is not the most important position in the world. You can win without great ones, but if the other talent doesn't fit the Bengals in the draft and a player like Davis is there, you pull the trigger without a 2nd thought

Tell me again, I forget sometimes. Which team had the best WR in the game last year? Which team won the SB with a bunch of late round WRs? One of which was a college QB.

Usually, you post good stuff eox. This is a very thin post at best. I do agree about Davis though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver - coachmcneil71 - 03-24-2017, 04:51 PM