Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver
(03-23-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good does not win playoff games or challenge for the Super Bowl.  A vertical threat to pair with AJ Green is the missing piece.  It makes it impossible for a defense to crowd the line by forcing them to defend every inch of the field.  No one had to double LaFell or Jones, that is why they posted respectable numbers. 

It isn't just the position group, but the player rankings at #9.  If Garrett, Barnett, and Thomas are gone, there won't be a DE there that is worth the pick.  Nor will there be a OT, G, C, DT, LB, or QB (for us).  That largely leaves Howard the TE, a couple of RBs (who are really good, but Cook has character issues),  one of two safeties (we have long-term contracts on our two, but one could make the argument for Hooker), CB (let's do it again!), or WR.  Both Ross and Davis are transcendent talents.  

It would be like having two #1 WRs to pair with some really good TEs (if they can stay healthy).  

I agree with you. I would look for John Ross if Barnett is gone. I don't think he will be, so I think the pick is between Ross and Barnett with the edge clearly going to Barnett. Foster is the leading candidate to fall on day 1 in my opinion, I think the Minter signing pretty much guarantees we don't take him.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver - PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop - 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM