Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(06-18-2017, 08:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: They are obviously discussions single payer and don't want to take questions about it from their constituents at town halls.   God knows these people are always looking out for the best interests of those they 'serve'.

I've been covering some of the town halls for Kentucky's Congress members. They have been more pleasant than many of the other Republican held states, but Bluegrass GOP members willing to hear from constituents are still getting an earful, mostly from the elderly who feel hoodwinked (love that word). The tried and true GOP voters are upset because — from what I'm hearing — they feel like they were supposed to get spared from cuts for their loyalty; everyone else is upset because they supported the GOP candidates in the effort to get rid of evil Obamacare without realizing it meant their insurance was likely disappearing or becoming more expensive.

Out of the five I've attended, I haven't heard one member of the public speak out in support of healthcare changes that have been proposed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - Benton - 06-19-2017, 03:58 PM