Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(06-23-2017, 12:04 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4829103/mitch-mcconnell-protest-senate-health-care-bill/%3Fsource%3Ddam

My question that I can't find a nonpartisan answer for: are the $600 billion in tax cuts just undoing the Obamacare increases, or are these new cuts?

Either way it's dumb as we can't keep increasing spending and decreasing taxes.

But our politicians can justify it because they keep telling the public we are in an economic downturn. If they keep pretending that is the case then it makes sense economically as far as Keynesian economics are concerned.

I think I may be giving them too much credit to think they are attempting to justify it, but hey, I'm feeling generous because my vacation starts in 45 minutes.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - Belsnickel - 06-23-2017, 12:22 PM