Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(06-23-2017, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Touchy.  I see a lot of headlines, but when you read them, it seems most of that number are people who voluntarily drop their coverage since there is no longer a mandate.

Not "most".

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/many-of-the-people-who-will-lose-coverage-under-obamacare-repeal-will-choose-to-do-so/article/2624121

Quote:The CBO predicts 14 million fewer insured through Medicaid, 6 million fewer insured in individually-purchased plans, and 3 million fewer insured through employer-based plans.

Like all budget projections, the CBO isn't just considering changes from today, but changes from what they believe will happen in the future. Therefore, the projected decrease in Medicaid coverage includes not only people who are currently in the program, but is based on the assumption that, if Obamacare remained law, more states would expand the program. Today, 31 states have expanded Medicaid; 19 states have not.

However the GOp has spun the "access to healthcare" phrase.  I have access to any car I see...but can only get the one I can afford.  And healthcare is more important than a car.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - GMDino - 06-23-2017, 02:29 PM