Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-13-2015, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was actually replying to this quote. The message is slightly different:

I simply provided an example of how I am not "oppressing" them if i establish some boundries.

Who came in 2nd in your drama class?

1. I do agree that having some boundaries are necessary. However, most of my boundaries begin and end with the law. I don't encourage my kids to do illegal things or things that are generally harmful (I smoked for 8-ish years in the past but I will strongly urge my children to not pick up that habit). Other things, such as getting their education, are other no brainers in my eyes. Fred was arguing against someone that was saying that our girls will "be boys" if they play certain sports, drink beer, and eat chicken wings. You then brought up a scenario about forcing your kids to go to school, and I'M the one being dramatic? Rolleyes Come on now, you know exactly what Fred was arguing against with the oppression statement.

2. I like how you're probably one of the most condescending and sarcastic people on the boards, yet you whine when others give you similar treatment. I was overexaggerating my point, but yes, you did take it to an extreme that it didn't need to go to. Nobody here has made the stupid statement that you should let your kids do literally ANYTHING. Somebody, however, has made the stupid statement that my girls will "be boys" if they play certain sports.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - djs7685 - 08-13-2015, 12:36 PM