Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-14-2015, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If you do not understand the concept of societal norms by now; then a post in a message board is not going to enlighten you. There is no intention of being vague; really not sure how much more descriptive I can be or avoid sounding like a “caveman”.

I’m sorry but you do not get to use all the “good” words. By definition encouraging young girls to participate in activities dominated by men and violence is not proper. It can be considered: ceiling-breaking, gender-neutral, liberal, barrier-eroding, unbiased, ect...  It cannot be considered: proper, conservative, ladylike, traditional, ect…

So again, where's the book that tells me what she can and can't do? I really need to know, I don't want to mess this one up!

Chicken wings and beer are obviously off the list. Co-ed youth soccer is a no-go. Building blocks are out of the shopping cart (unless they're bright pink and purple, I think?).

I need to know what else I should/shouldn't do for her. I'd really rather her not turn into a werewolf, zombie, or a boy, and even though I thought I had all 3 of those covered, apparently I don't! HALP!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - djs7685 - 08-14-2015, 10:23 AM