Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-25-2015, 03:27 PM)Benton Wrote: No, I think you're suggesting traversing a slippery slope by drawing connections between pedophiles and homosexual. 

It's asinine and an attempt to make one seem as deplorable as the other.

What the motives of bfine were in the post I cannot be certain, I am not him. I do have to say, however, that the concept of what gender we are attracted to and the attraction to pre-pubescent children originating in the same way is not necessarily done in the way you are thinking. If we are comparing the actions themselves, then I would agree with you, but when speaking simply of the attraction itself there is a possibility it could originate from the same place just based on a different genetic expression of the sensitivity of a certain receptor being slightly different.

Does that mean that homosexual activity should be on the same level as pedophilia? Absolutely not, because one involves consenting adults and one does not.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Belsnickel - 08-25-2015, 03:33 PM