Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-05-2019, 02:20 AM)Dill Wrote: You saying the evidence of obstruction laid out in the Mueller Report is not "objectively sound"?  Why isn't ordering a subordinate to falsify the evidential record a "smoking gun"?

I honestly haven't read the whole report, please cite your example. 

Quote:Trump pointing to "calls for impeachment" the moment he was elected would not move the dial in any direction.

This is an astonishingly naive statement from a person as learned as you.

Quote:No doubt those who plan to vote for him in any case would get noisier (though some are confused that Barr's summary missed the details of obstruction, and they weren't reported on Fox either). But it's not the kind of argument that would sway the truly independent.

You actually think calls to impeach from the moment of his election don't make the current calls for impeachment ring hollow for the common voter?  If you truly believe this I almost envy the bubble you reside in.

Quote:At least one Republican Congressman has broken ranks.

A whole one?!?!?!  I now admit every argument I have made in this vein is wholly wrong.

Quote:The illiberal efforts to keep the rest in line will not be a particularly good optic for the party of Freedom who love to hand out pocket copies of the Constitution.

Honestly, and you know this, it won't take much, if any, effort to keep the others "in line".

Quote:An impeachment that "fails" because Republicans put party before country doesn't hurt the Democrats. The majority of the country still disapproves of Trump.

Again, this is only in your mind.  Your bubble is reality for you, not for everyone else.  I think you severely overestimate the support for your position outside of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2019, 02:32 AM