Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-05-2019, 02:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
I honestly haven't read the whole report, please cite your example. 

This is an astonishingly naive statement from a person as learned as you.

You actually think calls to impeach from the moment of his election don't make the current calls for impeachment ring hollow for the common voter?  If you truly believe this I almost envy the bubble you reside in.

Here is a link to a PDF of the Report. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf.
Good idea to download this. People will be referring to it in the months to come.

For the incident mentioned in my post, go to page 114 of Vol. II.

Start reading at --> 2. The President Seeks to Have McGahn Dispute the Press Reports

Better yet, just read the whole vol II, all the bragging to the Russians about the Comey firing, witness tampering (Manafort, Flynn, Cohen) attempts to coerce Sessions into recusing himself and limiting the investigation, etc. Remember Trump is trying to block an investigation into an attack by a foreign adversary, protecting himself instead of the nation he swore to defend.

Whether calls for impeachment "ring hollow" will depend in large part on whether and how the House holds public hearings on the Mueller Report.

At the moment, my "bubble" includes a full reading of the Mueller Report and some sense of how to interpret it in light of both the Constitution and previous crises (Johnson, Nixon, Clinton).  As I told Fred, it will be the burden of hearings to disseminate the facts of the case and the legal criteria for assessing them. (That's what made the difference in the case of Nixon, who was a more popular president).  It has to be clear that the decision NOT to impeach (or NOT to censure) is to accept criminal behavior in the man tasked with seeing that the nation's laws are enforced--and by the party demanding "rule of law" prevail at the border.

I expect Trump to continue obstruction during such hearings, and that his behavior will become increasingly belligerent and erratic. He will illustrate the behavior of which he is accused. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - Dill - 06-05-2019, 03:19 AM