Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-05-2019, 03:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Here is a link to a PDF of the Report. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf.
Good idea to download this.  People will be referring to it in the months to come.

For the incident mentioned in my post, go to page 114 of Vol. II.

Start reading at --> 2. The President Seeks to Have McGahn Dispute the Press Reports

A good read. The key might be  "The President then directed Porter to tell McGahn to create a record to make clear that the President never directed McGahn to fire the Special Counsel." - McGahn clearly states that Trump indeed gave the order, hence yeah, Trump ordered McGahn to create a false record in that sense. But there is one addendum that states Trump maybe honestly didn't remember his previous words, e.g. him ordering that McGahn has to call Rosenstein because Mueller "has to go". While I would not believe that for one second for sure, I wonder if this is enough to persuade Trump friendly senators and folks that indeed a criminal deed was ordered.

One other aspect of this is that Mueller did not interview Trump - and one thing seems obvious, from all kinds of instances, not just this one: If there were an interview, Trump would almost certainly have perjured himself again and again. He got around that interview simply because he is the president. That saves him (if he's saved). And that is imho alarming enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - hollodero - 06-05-2019, 03:41 AM