Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes it is a drag being correct
(06-05-2019, 03:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: A good read. The key might be  "The President then directed Porter to tell McGahn to create a record to make clear that the President never directed McGahn to fire the Special Counsel." - McGahn clearly states that Trump indeed gave the order, hence yeah, Trump ordered McGahn to create a false record in that sense. But there is one addendum that states Trump maybe honestly didn't remember his previous words, e.g. him ordering that McGahn has to call Rosenstein because Mueller "has to go". While I would not believe that for one second for sure, I wonder if this is enough to persuade Trump friendly senators and folks that indeed a criminal deed was ordered.

If he can't keep track of his own business, then he has no business overseeing the nation's business, right? In footnote 788 Trump also claims that Kelly said McGahn had refuted the story. And Kelly claims he said no such thing.  Trump never called Megan Markle "nasty" either. Fake news.

Also, is there evidence that Trump IMMEDIATELY disputed this event with McGahn?

Were I president and one of my subordinates falsely told the Times I had ordered him to ire the special counsel, I would very publicly dispute that and probably fire him.  End of story. Why would I busy myself behind the scenes directing that subordinate to WRITE OUT a denial for the record?  Why would I plead that I did not actually use the word "fire" or go on about how the story "looks bad"--as opposed to being FALSE and only that?

Also, if this were a one off, an aberration, one might reasonably question intent and memory, but this action is embedded in a pattern of many attempts to end the investigation, by hook or crook. Strangest point of all--so much of this musing was done publicly.

Imagine bragging to the Russians in the oval office that you had obstructed an inquiry into their attack on our election to protect yourself? By firing the head of the FBI? And the American public only finds out because it was published in TASS. But Hillary . . . .!? lol

It astonishes me that impeachment is still a hurdle to be managed.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes it is a drag being correct - Dill - 06-05-2019, 12:56 PM