Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(02-25-2020, 09:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That is a pretty lukewarm take.

The adage of defense winning championships doesn't really hold up in the modern NFL. Most Superbowl winning teams have an elite QB at the helm.

QBs are the most game altering position in the world of sports. When you have a shot at an elite QB, you take it.

The only reason we shouldn't take Joe Burrow is if we don't think he's an elite QB prospect.

And if that's the case, then the selection shouldn't be Chase Young. It should be Tua Tagovailoa.

If they also determine that Tua is not an elite QB prospect, then maybe you start looking at Chase Young. But, honestly, you probably start looking to trade down if you don't grade either QB as elite.

With all that said, we're pretty much locked into Joe at this point. Could you imagine if we didn't take him and then he becomes the next elite QB in the NFL? We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL (to an even more extreme degree than we already are.)

NO to Tua,
I don't think he's all that, and with the Injuries, I'd rather take Hurts in the 3rd. He can be taught better ball control to cut back on the fumbling. And he's a better passer than you think. He was overwhelmed in the LSU game though. I think it was from super pressure from the Defense being unable to stop Burrow. The Sooners were missing several good players on Defense (injuries and a couple suspended). Especially the Starting Safety and kudo to Burrow and Co for picking on the weakest link.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - Mike M (the other one) - 02-25-2020, 01:31 PM