Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(02-25-2020, 07:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like Joe Burrow and would not be upset if the Bengals picked him first in the draft. However, I still think the Bengals should keep Dalton one more year and pick Chase Young as the top draft pick. The first comment is defense wins championships. Chase is a beast and would secure the defense for many years to come. I guess I am asking for patience in getting a QB later. Being a Buckeye fits right in with the team. Either way the Bengals go would be okay with me.

(02-25-2020, 07:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone forgot to tell Pat Mahomes defense wins championships...

Also, who cares that he was a Buckeye? I want the players that will give the Bengals the best chance to win a Super Bowl, not the ones that played college in Ohio.

A Super Bowl winning team typically has defense that plays well enough but also an offense that can still score points.

You have to have an extremely suffocating defense to compensate for an inept offense.

So you both are right, in a way.

The problem with adding Chase Young is LBs are still so putrid that they can't cover the short routes and the opposing offenses will just dink and dunk past the DL.
Chase Young will not be able to compensate for an offense that only averaged 17 pts per game.
Chase Young would be a great piece to add if the Bengals went out and got a good LB and QA in FA though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - ochocincos - 02-25-2020, 04:14 PM