Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(02-25-2020, 02:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure I can. But again, this can be flipped both ways as well. It all depends if Burrow is really that great. He might or might not be, I'd guess there is no guarantee.

And when I compare option a) take Burrow to option b) Take Herbert/Tua (one of those will be there at 5) + a first round O-Liner + a first-round LB, I'd rather take option b. Three lottery tickets are better than one. And if one of those three doesn't work out, there are still two others that might. If Burrow doesn't work out, we're royally screwed.

It comes down to what the Bengals believe Joe Burrow is. If they believe he is the best QB in this draft and has the potential to be an elite type QB, the choice becomes pretty easy. You simply don't pass up the opportunity take a player that you think will be a game changing talent at the most important position on the field...regardless of how good a trade offer might be.

If they don't believe those things about Burrow, then it's a different story.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - Bengalholic - 02-25-2020, 04:15 PM