Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(02-25-2020, 04:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It comes down to what the Bengals believe Joe Burrow is. If they believe he is the best QB in this draft and had the potential to be an elite type QB, the choice becomes pretty easy. You simply don't pass up the opportunity take a player that you think will be a game changing talent at the most important position on the field.

If they don't believe those things about Burrow, then it's a different story. They would have to weigh all their options.

With a potential trade in mind, to me the question is a bit different. It would - besides "how good is he", of course - be "How much 'better' is Burrow compared to Herbert/Tua". If this percieved gap is significant, he's the pick. If this gap isn't all that wide, trading down a few spots and possibly getting two other high picks for it might be a reasonable way to go.

Admittedly, I have doubts if any draft prospect -except really exceptional ones - can be seen as a safe bet. No hating on him in any way, but Burrow to me doesn't seem to be safe beyond any doubt. In that light, as I said, I'd rather have three lottery tickets than one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - hollodero - 02-25-2020, 04:29 PM