Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
The Bengals need help on both Defense and Offense.

During the offseason the coaches want to bring back Green to help whoever is behind center. The Bengals even stated they want to trade Andy Dalton and allow him to move onto another team; and trying not to screw Dalton over in the process.

The biggest issues I see with the Bengals are as followed...

QB - if the Bengals trade Dalton who is their QB. It is going to be their first round pick and it sounds like they wont' trade out of the first round.
OL - Bengals line was horrible last year. Best player was the C and that player didn't even score well when compared to other C in the league. A more solid unit around him he may have scored higher. This means a better more productive OL. OL will improve if Williams can play to a high level. But that is one of 4 of the OL positions that had issues last year. If he gets injured again and there are no players on the team like last year to take his place issues will creep up again and it would be time to rebuild the OL again.
LB - this unit was a weakness last year and going into FA and the draft it still needs to be addressed.
DL - they need some rotational guys on DE and DT to help keep Dunlap and Atkins fresh.
WR - Injuries hurt this group last year and hopefully 2020 they avoid the injury bug or they might be looking for new playmakers here in 2021. Without Green or Ross no one really opened up the field and it really hurt them.
TE - This unit isn't bad but Sample needs to improve as both a blocker and pass catcher considering he was a 2nd round pick a year ago.

IMO...
1st Pick: QB
2nd Pick: LB / OL
3rd Pick OL / WR
4th Pick WR / LB
5th Pick DL
6th Pick WR / LB / OL
7th Pick OL / LB

The thing is though best way to build is always draft BAP regardless of position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - MEBengalsFan - 02-26-2020, 04:18 PM