Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(03-04-2020, 10:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just remember all the hype at the beginning of last season. I predicted the Bengals would not be very good. Others here said I was crazy. I see the same hype with Joe Burrow. Expect the best, but be ready for a possible flop. It is like risk in the stock market. At least with Young the overall impact would be lesser.

I think most fans were thinking potential to go 8-8 or so. Honestly, when you consider that was based on having AJ, Glenn, Jonah and Boling as offensive starters, and then losing Ross on top of it, I dont think that was far off. We were in some close games. At one point guys like John Jerry and Andre Smith were starting at LT. Our OL was exposed until the coaches finally found the right mix of guys and scheme to get things going. But they did find the right scheme and mix to get things going, and thats encouraging. With a franchise QB like Burrow and a rebuilt OL, the sky is the limit. Chase is good, but a franchise QB is what we need to win a SB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Argument For Picking Chase Young First - bengaloo - 03-04-2020, 10:43 PM