Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff'
(11-20-2017, 01:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny, Marvin pretty much peaked 
instantly. We were all so excited to be on the cusp of contention (8-8) that year. Little did we know that Marv would never get much further than "the cusp" for 15 agonizing years.

We started hot, let the line fall apart and repeated that process with reboot 2.0. Fwiw, I also can't help but feel PA's lines have hindered our offenses for the last 12 years or so. We've never been able to dominate any good teams running the ball.

It's to the point where I think a lot of us are used to it and don't realize how weak it's been. Seriously, when is the last time we lined up and smashed the ball down a good team's throat for 150+ yards? It's probably happened less than 10 times in the last 10 years. Shoot, the top teams AVERAGE around 150 yards.

The last time I felt comfortable that we could run it when we wanted to was Rudi. Not that we dominated or that Rudi was averaging 5 ypc or anything, but if we needed to go out and get four yards for a first, Rudi and the line would go out and get four yards. If we needed to chew up some clock, they would stay on the positive side of yardage.

These days, it's like the option of possession and working the clock are off the table because you don't know when they're going backwards or getting a dumb penalty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff' - Benton - 11-20-2017, 12:16 PM