Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of these four may fall...
(04-17-2018, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If one of these four fell to the Bengals at #21, which one would you want?  (Sorry, not good at polls, and I want to read the rationale as to why you chose a player).

I think this is all a moot point if McGlinchey falls, but I am guessing he will be long gone and it will be one of these four that falls.  Also, it sounds like some teams have failed Leighton Vander Esche in their physical.  Could be agent-fueled rumors, but the Bengals need to be very careful there and I think he might slide out of Rd 1 if the rumors are true. I think some teams will look at the Super Bowl offenses and go after TEs and WRs that aren't rated as high right now, allowing one of these to slide.  

James Derwin, S

Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S

Roquan Smith, LB

Tremaine Edmunds, LB

My choice is James Derwin.  He is an outstanding athlete that wasn't surrounded by crazy talent compared to their competition lending to big play opportunitites (Fitzpatrick).  Although Edmunds might be the best athlete in the entire draft, he simply doesn't have the instincts and I think he might be fooled more at the pro level.  He was fooled on misdirection plenty in college, but he had the speed to cover it.  I like, but don't love Roquan Smith.  He is very quick and instinctive, but I don't want to have an undersized LB at pick #21.

I'd welcome any of them, but I'd "most" love Roquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick. They are the most NFL-ready. James and Edmunds may have the higher ceilings but they are not as polished right now. Out of the Smith and Fitzpatrick, Smith would be more of a need but Fitzpatrick IMO is my top prospect out of the four.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
One of these four may fall... - SHRacerX - 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - Jpoore - 04-17-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - Jpoore - 04-17-2018, 09:10 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - ochocincos - 04-17-2018, 09:42 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - CJD - 04-17-2018, 10:24 AM