Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
(02-14-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He publically admitted that he did ont nwork out at all in the offfseason after '07 when he was trying to cry his way out of town.  Then he put off ankle surgery until just before training camp so that he would not have to practice.

He went from being one of the hardest working bengals to a diva who cared abouyt nothing but his own fame.

I miss the old chad that worked hard.  I don't miss the chad after '07 who didn't care about anything but his publicity and twitter followers.

I'm somewhat playing devil's advocate here, but I always thought Chad acted out as a means to get his image out there in manners that went beyond the field.  It seemed like he acted out more once the Bengals were clearly not going to be NFL relevant, which in itself could be a self-fulfilling prophecy, as he didn't buckle down and work harder to MAKE them NFL relevant.

Again, I'm a cynic but I don't really have as much of an issue with Chad acting like a horse's patoot because I don't think any amount of hard work and practice on his part could have dragged this franchise to the top any year he was here but 2005, when he DID try.

I think this organization has taken a step in the right direction in the past 4 or so years, but I don't blame prior players for thinking they have to have a back-up plan while they are Bengals.  Some want traded to other teams before they are no longer starter-worthy, like Boomer, Corey, Carson etc., and some like Chad can only get on Sports Center by acting like a moron because the team is having a 4-win season. Even though the Bengals have made changes and strides, I'm still preemptively preparing myself for any of the team's current heroes looking to go elsewhere at some point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson?? - Nately120 - 02-14-2016, 12:19 PM