Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN
I'm out here in Melbourne, AU and have to settle for Australian Rules football and Rugby every weekend, so I seriously need some NFL talk at the moment (move back to the states in August - perfect timing Rock On ).

Based on the current state of rosters in the AFC North - just wanted get some perspectives on how teams compare on paper (obviously this is pointless BS fun):

Offense
1.) Pittsburgh Steelers - The three B's healthy will be very difficult to stop. Really just want Ben to retire...
2.) Cincinnati Bengals - Dalton back to being healthy. AJG, Gio, Hill (back to normal hopefully), Eifert, Boyd...weapons weapons weapons.
3.) Baltimore Ravens - Steve Smith Sr., Aiken and a healthy Perriman will be interesting to watch.
4.) Cleveland Browns - drafted a million WRs and now have RGIII....

Defense
1.) Cincinnati Bengals - One of the best scoring defenses last year - lose Nelson, but add lots of new weapons through FA/Draft (WJ3, Billings, Vigil, KD..)
2.) Baltimore Ravens - Allowed over 25ppg last year, but with Suggs back, the wave of rookie pash rushers, and the likes of smith/weddle/webb - they should bounce back this year.
3.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Everyone ripped on them last year, but statistically they weren't horrible...Added new weapons as well and a year of experience for the young guys.
4.) Cleveland Browns - ...............someone help me here

Special Teams
1.) Baltimore Ravens - Justin Tucker is automatic, and an auto-touchback machine...Steve Smith Sr. as PR again at his age?
2.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Figured out the K position finally; AB returning punts is always scary...Archer was a bust;
3.) Cincinnati Bengals - Searching for a Tate replacement (although he's safe); Pacman is solid PR; Huber had a somewhat off year statistically, and Nugent seems to be trending in the wrong direction
4.) Cleveland Browns - Average K/P; lost their punt returner in Benjamin

Overall
1.) Bengals - playoff bound
2.) Steelers - playoff bound
3.) Ravens - playoff bound
4.) Browns - maybe LeBron will try out for TE someday

Always interested to see everyone else's thoughts...Obviously a bit homerish - on paper 3/4 teams look very solid (sorry Browns). I can see the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens making it out in '16, especially with lots of question marks in the AFC (Jets, Broncos, etc...).

Cheers
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - mroudfly - 05-16-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - Vlad - 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM