Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN
(05-16-2016, 02:45 AM)mroudfly Wrote: I'm out here in Melbourne, AU and have to settle for Australian Rules football and Rugby every weekend, so I seriously need some NFL talk at the moment (move back to the states in August - perfect timing Rock On ).

Based on the current state of rosters in the AFC North - just wanted get some perspectives on how teams compare on paper (obviously this is pointless BS fun):

Offense
1.) Pittsburgh Steelers - The three B's healthy will be very difficult to stop. Really just want Ben to retire...
2.) Cincinnati Bengals - Dalton back to being healthy. AJG, Gio, Hill (back to normal hopefully), Eifert, Boyd...weapons weapons weapons.
3.) Baltimore Ravens - Steve Smith Sr., Aiken and a healthy Perriman will be interesting to watch.
4.) Cleveland Browns - drafted a million WRs and now have RGIII....

Defense
1.) Cincinnati Bengals - One of the best scoring defenses last year - lose Nelson, but add lots of new weapons through FA/Draft (WJ3, Billings, Vigil, KD..)
2.) Baltimore Ravens - Allowed over 25ppg last year, but with Suggs back, the wave of rookie pash rushers, and the likes of smith/weddle/webb - they should bounce back this year.
3.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Everyone ripped on them last year, but statistically they weren't horrible...Added new weapons as well and a year of experience for the young guys.
4.) Cleveland Browns - ...............someone help me here

Special Teams
1.) Baltimore Ravens - Justin Tucker is automatic, and an auto-touchback machine...Steve Smith Sr. as PR again at his age?
2.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Figured out the K position finally; AB returning punts is always scary...Archer was a bust;
3.) Cincinnati Bengals - Searching for a Tate replacement (although he's safe); Pacman is solid PR; Huber had a somewhat off year statistically, and Nugent seems to be trending in the wrong direction
4.) Cleveland Browns - Average K/P; lost their punt returner in Benjamin

Overall
1.) Bengals - playoff bound
2.) Steelers - playoff bound
3.) Ravens - playoff bound
4.) Browns - maybe LeBron will try out for TE someday

Always interested to see everyone else's thoughts...Obviously a bit homerish - on paper 3/4 teams look very solid (sorry Browns). I can see the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens making it out in '16, especially with lots of question marks in the AFC (Jets, Broncos, etc...).

Cheers

Pretty fair assessment in my book.

So Bengals fans will probably rip you a new one.   Smirk

Very hard to guess what a team will do in May.  Way back in 2006 my boss at the time and I were talking about how good the Steelers looked in camp and how unstoppable they were.

Then they went 8-8 and Cowher was gone.

Good post.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - mroudfly - 05-16-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - GMDino - 05-16-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - Vlad - 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM