Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN
(05-20-2016, 05:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think you left out one important variable...COACHING.
1-Steelers
2-Ravens
3-Browns
4-Bengals

Ravens may have better coaching and Steelers have better talent so it is hard to say between the top 2.  So i went with production of last year.  Why Browns ahead of Bengals?  Because Jackson will breath new life into the team and get the most out of average talent.  Marvin Lewis is a good person, a good evaluator of talent.  Lewis would make a great, amazing GM.  His clock management has improved but the team falls apart during playoffs and I have to assign at least in part, responsibility to Lewis.  

Also, Bengals have new coaching staff, a new OC, backer coach, so things may change for the better or worse.  But IMO, you must take into account the coaching when rating these four teams.

With that said, the top 3 teams in terms of talent are Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens.  Very close in talent.  
Good point with leaving out the coaching aspect - with that said:

1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Bengals
4. Browns

I think the Ravens and Steelers are relatively close in terms of coaching strength, but the edge has to be given to the Ravens due to some of Tomlin's questionable in game decisions with clock management. Seemed like numerous times last year they really messed up some opportunities...

And I would give the nod to the Bengals over the Browns just because while the Bengals have some new faces, Zampese has been working with Dalton for a while as the QB coach, so the transition shouldn't be too fragmented. Zampese knows Dalton's strengths, and it'll be a matter of translating what he knows into on-field performance.

I can't say anything new about Marvin that no one else has said...Its like ball-striking the hell out of a golf course and giving yourself countless short birdie putts only to lip out every short putt (some of those playoff games were more like 3 putts...).

You have to think if you keep giving yourself the opportunity...Hell, once Phil broke through and won a major he went on a little roll, maybe the Bengals can do the same if they can get over that hump...maybe just avoid the part where you get investigated by the SEC
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - mroudfly - 05-16-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - Vlad - 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN - mroudfly - 05-22-2016, 03:56 AM