Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver
(03-22-2017, 05:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I keep seeing people post about drafting a wide receiver in the first round and it makes me sick. This team has SO many more needs than wide receiver. We have Lafell, Eiffert, AJ, and Boyd (a second round pick who will only be better than last year). That is PLENTY of weapons through the air.

What if we had still had Marvin Jones, would you then want us to go out and get a receiver? No, you say? Why, because Marvin Jones was good?

Well, look at these numbers:

Comparing Marvin Jones' 2015 with the Bengals (hit last year) and Lafell's numbers with the Bengals in 2016

Marvin Jones
103 Targets
65 Receptions
816 yards
4 TDs

Brandon Lafell
106 Targets
64 Receptions
862 yards
6 TDS

Fred stated it in another post and heres the numbers to back it up. Lafell was good last year. As good or better than Marvin Jones was for us. The dude can be the answer at wide receiver for us and he proved it in the second half of last year.

Feeling a little upset stomach are ya!  Feeling a little sick..  If we don't choose Mike Williams first Round it will be the Biggest blunder of the Cincinnati Bengals draft Ever.  He can come in right away and move the ball.  I am all for Brandon Lafell but you don't pass up someone like Mike Williams if he is on the board.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver - Marlon23 - 03-23-2017, 09:38 AM