Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver
(03-28-2017, 02:43 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I'm gonna summarize the LaFell/Jones thing in saying I don't think LaFell is terrible, and is actually a good #2 receiver. But he is the furthest thing from a long term option, and the draft is about investing in long term resources overall

As I said above, the draft is about long term development. From everything I, and many people I trust in evaluation see in him, he will be an absolutely awesome WR. As in best in the class. I'm down for that and I believe he can provide immediate impact. Going against 'inferior' competition hasn't hurt other players often, and we really don't have significant holes in places that can't be replaced with players on an equal level comparable to later in the draft (in terms of positional value) besides DE, where the best players might be gone

Don't misunderstand, if we were to grab Davis or Ross in the first, I wouldn't be upset. I really like this rumor of trading McCarron and picking up an extra first round pick. If that happens I would be stoked.

We probably miss out on Foster in that scenario cause I think C-LAND will grab him, but that's the draft.

To sum up, I'm not against getting a beast WR early, but pass rusher is still a need. There are some to be had later though. I'm sure you know that as well. You know your stuff.

Also, good point about lesser comp. It didn't bother Mack any!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon LaFell IS the Answer at Wide Receiver - coachmcneil71 - 03-28-2017, 03:20 PM