Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont forget our OLINE still blows
(04-25-2017, 04:28 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with this in principle.   I'm hoping that Smith makes an excellent guard.  The only lineman I think we could not afford to lose was Whit.   I think we should have front loaded a deal he could except and given him a 3 year deal he could live with.  Would have been worth the money.  I hated losing Zeitler, but I think Andre could be a good enough replacement - though I doubt he is able to cover for the players on either side of him like Zeitler did.

Your point about Boling was valid.   I'm just hoping against hope Og pulls it together and lives up to the vision Alexander had of him when he was drafted.

It will be interesting anyway - at least initially.

There's big dropoff from Whitworth to Ced.

From Zeitler to Smith too...although maybe Smith is a better run blocker than Zeitler was. When Smith was drafted, some reports thought he had All-Pro Guard potential. It would be nice to have a big road-grader of a Guard.

Good point on Boling.

Bodine was improving some. Hopefully we add a C in the draft to compete with him.

Fisher was improving too. He just doesn't see durable.

IF they are all healthy, the unit should be ok. 1 injury and we could be in shambles.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - THE PISTONS - 04-25-2017, 04:34 PM