Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont forget our OLINE still blows
(04-25-2017, 09:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a LOT of Kool Aid you're drinking there, man.

-Boling should be better.
-Bodine had his best season, but reaching that bar is awfully easy with how bad he was. Still can't snap the ball well.
-Smith was bad in 2015, terrible in 2016 (before he got hurt), and has never played Guard before. Oh, and he's coming off a torn triceps that needed surgery.
-Fisher was not decent when he was given the spot. He ended up having to rotate out with 33-year-old journeyman Winston, who performed noticeably better despite being mediocre at best.

Of course ignoring the fact that the Bengals are going from All-Pro LT to probably the worst T I have ever seen play last year.

I ignored LT by starting a paragraph with "LT is a big what if"?

Fisher was dramatically improved over when he first arrived, and I also like his attitude.  You can say he wasn't decent, but the success of Burkhead around his side wasn't a fluke.  I think he takes his craft seriously and will be a very solid RT this season. 

I started another thread in the draft section (Things I think I know....) and I mentioned how Smith is actually more of a backup RT than a starter at RG at this point.  The Bengals are very high on Alex Redmond and he will compete with Christian Westerman.  I was worried about Smith as well, having only had 2 of his seasons go without injury.   Either way, I think it anyone was drinking the Kool Aid, it was those that think Zeitler was a Pro Bowl talent at RG.  In his contract year, he wasn't much of a run blocker and he is only slightly above average as a pass blocker.  He is a slightly above average RG.  Cleveland overpaid tremendously.  I don't think Bengals fans will miss him at all.

As for Whit, who I love for his years of service,  he is way up there in years and they had to have a plan to move on without him.  If Ced plays like they think he can this year, they will look like geniuses for drafting him when they did.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - SHRacerX - 04-26-2017, 07:50 AM