Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont forget our OLINE still blows
(04-26-2017, 11:57 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I would disagree with this point.

Bodine and Fisher have never played with Andre as a RG, Andre has never played RG.  Boling spent pretty much his whole career to date with Whit on his left...now its Ced.

Yes , none of them are individually rookies but the unit as a whole has not had anytime together.

It's one thing i hope the coaching staff do in the preseason actually...let the 'starting' OL spend more than a handful of snaps together outside of game 3...think they need the time to gel.

Yes, I agree a OL needs time to gel, but I would argue a healthy OL practicing together for 30+ days priot to game one is plenty of time to gel if they can stay on the field and work together (stay healthy).

AS for AS, yes he has a new position, but yes also he was hands down our best run blocker, better than Zeitler, Boling and Whittworth. Smith had struggles with speed rushers on the outside, he never had issues moving DL backwards on running plays. AS could improve our run game and my hope is with the ability for the center to help him inside, he cn be a good pass blocker also. I liken this type of move to moving a CB to safety as they age, some great results for guys doing this in the past. Guys like Rod Woodson for example.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2017, 12:15 PM